Di Canister leaking

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ali16590
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ali16590

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,


I just bought a new RODI system and my DI canister is leaking.

I’m not sure what I should be checking first—any advice would be appreciated.


1776850567516.png



1776850582813.png


Thanks
 
Since it's new I'm assuming the leak is at the juncture of the canister to the top portion and not a crack in the canister itself. The first thing I'd do is make sure it's on tight by using the canister wrench:
Screenshot 2026-04-22 6.28.37 AM.png

If that doesn't work I'd very lightly grease the o-ring with a silicone base lub....it can NOT be petroleum based. Plumber's grease is the common stuff as long as it's not petroleum based...comes in a small tube.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new