DI resin is not being consumed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano30
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano30

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
57
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've noticed that the last 2 times I've changed my DI resin cartridge using a BRS 4-stage filter RODI system, that it looks brand new. No discoloration like I'm used to. For example, I haven't replaced filter media in about 7 months, I see normal signs of use on the 2nd and 3rs stage when I replace it but not at all for DI resin and my RO membrane was replaced 7 months ago too.

Could there be a connection issue? I've refilled the DI myself in the past but the last couple of times I bought the prefilled cartridge which has a plastic cap at both the top and bottom of the cartridge. If I understand correctly, the water is supposed to flow up into the cartridge but it appears that the plastic cap at the bottom of the cartridge blocks any water flow and it seems like the DI resin is self contained not letting water in.

Do I remove the bottom cap? I would just do this and see what happens but I don't want all my DI resin to fall out the bottom if I am incorrect. I looked at videos and it looks like everyone leaves the bottom plastic cap on so I'm a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
It shows 0 TDS in my cheap little pen meter (the built in meter worked for about 6 months) but in the past, the DI resin changes color significantly in 6 months.
 
I have the same unit that i have been using for several years. Id guess 15 to 20 gallons a week. I have never changed any of its filters, and It still spits out 0 tds. The water that feeds it goes through a culligan sediment, and carbon filter first. So that probably helps preserve the rodi's filter media.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new