DI resin

Slodoc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any luck with coloring changing DI resin and RO filter from a different source other than BRS, such as amazon maybe? I love the guys at BRS but sometimes I need products faster than what BRS shipping provides.

Thank you!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any luck with coloring changing DI resin and RO filter from a different source other than BRS, such as amazon maybe? I love the guys at BRS but sometimes I need products faster than what BRS shipping provides.

Thank you!
When I first got my RO/DI unit (not a brs one) it was an ebay special (i've since replaced all filters and ro membrane and di resin with brs) and it came with color changing resin, worked the same as the BRS stuff. Got 0 TDS for my product water and changed color as it depleted. hope this helps :)

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with the Amazon stuff. If the stuff from BRS is too slow, why not upgrade the shipping? Their expedited 3-day is only $5 extra per package. It may not feel great to "pay" for shipping, but keep in mind you're doing that with Amazon already if you're a Prime member. If Prime costs you $100 a year, that equates to about $8.30 per month to get packages shipped two-day. If you order a package or two a month from BRS and upgrade to their expedited 3-day shipping, that's $5 - $10 per month of shipping charges. It's true that with Amazon, you get unlimited two day shipping, so there's no extra cost in ordering from them as there would be from BRS. But mathematically, it costs about the same to get expedited shipping from BRS as it does from Amazon. You just feel it more with BRS because they don't hide the cost with a yearly subscription.

Heart of Dixie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy the refillable cartridges and keep a bag of resin on hand. A bag is 12.50 and a refillable cartridge is about 7.00.

SEMA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.. I personally buy from eBay in bulk for over 11 yrs. Just make sure you know the specs of what your system needs. Micron sizes, rejection rates, type of carbon, mixed bed anion/cation resin.

Water filtration is used in many applications, find one not marketed for aquarium use. The same product will cost less.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 161 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back