DI resin

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for the pro anion DI resin to have a strong smell right out of the bag? I’ve been using the mixed resin and never noticed any smell from the bag it comes in. No smell from the pro cation resin.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question how long should I let RO water gas off outside with a wooden air stone and a circulation pump before I send it through the DI resin?

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you feeding it to your DI canisters if it’s in a container? Just pumping it through? Just curious, what are the benefits to doing this?

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you feeding it to your DI canisters if it’s in a container? Just pumping it through? Just curious, what are the benefits to doing this?
I’m just experimenting right now. I filled a trash can outside with RO and I will gravity filter through DI in the basement.

lumpadelic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anion resin (BRS) smells very strongly of ammonia out of the bag. RO water tests zero across the board so I don’t ask questions. Mine also goes directly from the ro membrane to the di chambers, then aerated after. Never heard of the gravity feed method.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anion resin (BRS) smells very strongly of ammonia out of the bag. RO water tests zero across the board so I don’t ask questions. Mine also goes directly from the ro membrane to the di chambers, then aerated after. Never heard of the gravity feed method.
How long do you aerate before use? Do you aerate the top off water in the ATO?

lumpadelic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you aerate before use? Do you aerate the top off water in the ATO?
I keep my RO reservoir (55 gallons) aerated constantly, but I do not aerate my ATO box (7 gallon). so little water is getting topped off at one time, I doubt that it being un aerated would make a difference.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I left the RO water degassing over night and gravity feed the DI. This is my first time using anion resin and I did toss the first gallon but the water still has a slight smell. How much water do you toss after DI change?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back