Diagnose and treatment please

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this blue hippo Tang about 6 weeks ago and I've had it in quarantine the entire time. Treated the tank for 4 weeks with cupramine, did a freshwater dip and have since switched to paragard. About a week ago my blue hippo Tang started showing these signs looks like a little worm on her chin and some blobs on her fin and paraguard is not working. Can somebody please diagnose it if you can and what treatment I should use. Also she is in quarantine with a yellow tang, powder blue Tang, and a gem Tang. None of these fish have any symptoms.

50292.jpeg

OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spots on her dorsal fin look like they could be lympho, I can’t really see the one on the chin well enough. If they look like cottony or cauliflower then it’s most likely lympho. Here’s a link to compare to.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. so should I treat it with anything or should it just possibly go away. What would you recommend doing
Treatment is low stress, clean water, and high-quality foods (vitamin-soaked preferably) Anything to help boost the immune system :)

OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment is low stress, clean water, and high-quality foods (vitamin-soaked preferably) Anything to help boost the immune system :)
Thank you they eat nori daily and I treat their mysis and brine shrimp with selcon. Definitely no loss of appetite in her.

OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a 5 minute freshwater dip to eradicate both symptoms if possible. As you can see the dip did not help.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve treated with FW dip, Prazi, and Paraguard and it’s still hanging on and you’re sure it’s an external parasite I would try manual removal with tweezers.

OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve treated with FW dip, Prazi, and Paraguard and it’s still hanging on and you’re sure it’s an external parasite I would try manual removal with tweezers.
Ok. I will see what I can do about getting closer prognosis thank you for your advice

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back