OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also have any tips on where to put the hermits? My dad has a fishing cooler which should be large enough, so should I clean it and put the Hermits there?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isolating the clown would still be a good idea even if no fighting is apparent (you won’t always see fighting), as fish are quicker to turn in the sick and dying ones.

A small tank with ample hiding places, heating, and filtration will work. Pretty low maintenance.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also have any tips on where to put the hermits? My dad has a fishing cooler which should be large enough, so should I clean it and put the Hermits there?
Why would you need to remove the hermits? You're not planning on treating your clowfish for ich in your display tank are you? Don't do that. Remove the clownfish and put him in a separate hospital/quarantine tank so you can treat him separate from your display.

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you need to remove the hermits? You're not planning on treating your clowfish for ich in your display tank are you? Don't do that. Remove the clownfish and put him in a separate hospital/quarantine tank so you can treat him separate from your display.
I dont have a QT, so I have to do in my display

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be able to use some mesh to make a area for him? I dont have other tanks, nor do I have space for one, and I dont think he would enjoy being in a breeder box for a month

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to use copper to treat him? You really shouldn't do that in your display unless you plan to keep it as a FOWLR. The rock will absorb the copper and leach back out killing your corals and inverts.
Im gonna hypo, and might use something like ruby rally reef pro or something if I need to

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna hypo, and might use something like ruby rally reef pro or something if I need to
Oh okay, sorry I must have missed that. If you can't find rally (I used to have issues getting it), you can look into Polyp Lab Medic. It's not going to cure or remove the ich, but it can help the fish recover. Hope the little guy pulls through!

Current Tides

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to do hypo starting tomorrow, to try and eliminate the ick, and then I can treat with something.
I wouldn't even do hypo, maybe just a freshwater dip, just treat with chloroquine phosphate or copper. water changes/pristine water helps. are they still eating?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see fighting so I probably wont isolate him, I sometimes watch the tank when im tired and the female never attacks him.
Clowns are pretty sneaky - you may not see fighting. There is evidence of it though - the frayed caudal fin. That is a sign of some sort of mechanical damage. It may be that this started as minor damage that is no longer happening, and then bacterial infection has taken over to cause additional fin damage.

Jay

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't even do hypo, maybe just a freshwater dip, just treat with chloroquine phosphate or copper. water changes/pristine water helps. are they still eating?
she is eating, I wont do copper because I have hermits and I want to have corals in the future, I do water changes every 2-4 days

Current Tides

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, could you set up a small quarantine tank for the time being, if not, you could put the herms in their own tank, even a 5 gal bucket will probably do if its filtered/kept clean. keep up on the water changes, good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back