Dialing in a new CaRx- How long to wait after adjusting Effluent pH or Flow?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this has been a great week for to have been able to setup the CaRx since I'm off all week long, and has allowed me to test 2 times a day.

And the tank has settled in with the Alk, and consumption. My Alk has been coming at 9.1 both morning and evening. I've changed the bubbles per second to 1 bubble every 10 seconds, and effluent rate is at 40ml a minute. Effluent is testing between 18-19 DKH. Been using the Salifert tests as they go a long way rather than the Hanah

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised it to 40ml a minute yesterday and upped the bubble to 1 every 7-8 seconds and will be testing tonight, or tomorrow.

Can you post up another video of 40mL/min. I have my Kamora sitting in the box just begging me to fire it up. Waiting on the reactors which should be here in less than 2 weeks. I have everything thing else. I need to get gas, but that’s about it.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this has been a great week for to have been able to setup the CaRx since I'm off all week long, and has allowed me to test 2 times a day.

And the tank has settled in with the Alk, and consumption. My Alk has been coming at 9.1 both morning and evening. I've changed the bubbles per second to 1 bubble every 10 seconds, and effluent rate is at 40ml a minute. Effluent is testing between 18-19 DKH. Been using the Salifert tests as they go a long way rather than the Hanah

Great news man! Keep er steady!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back