I need a second opinion on flow.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CroMag676
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CroMag676

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2022
Messages
45
Reaction score
17
Location
Navarre
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Strawberry Shortcake Acro has been in my tank for just over a week. Last night I moved it from the bottom of the tank to the middle right where it could get more light and flow. This morning, the far-right tips were snotted up like a toddler. The snot has dissipated but the end polyps are retracted. As the video shows, it is about 12” in front of an MP40. The PH is set on a 4s pulse at 5% power. There is a second MP40 on the other end of the tank to produce opposing flow. Do you think it’s good or do I need to move the PH? The tank is a 4' 90 Gal.

 
that flow looks too direct to my eye, not an SPS expert though. @Troylee bothering you again, what do you think :D ?
 
that flow looks too direct to my eye, not an SPS expert though. @Troylee bothering you again, what do you think :D ?
I can’t see the videos as I only have a phone lol.. need a YouTube link.
 
As requested.

Should be fine! It looks happy! That’s my all time favorite acro! They’re hard to keep colored up so good job! Here’s mine.. it’s still a baby! But starting to take off!
IMG_3009.jpeg
 
Should be fine! It looks happy! That’s my all time favorite acro! They’re hard to keep colored up so good job! Here’s mine.. it’s still a baby! But starting to take off!
IMG_3009.jpeg
Thank you for the help! I wish I could take credit for the color. This will be my first acro in 8 years, so hopefully I can make it a success.

Yours looks great! how old is it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new