Diamond goby

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a diamond goby to clean up my sand bed. Anybody have any good or bad reviews not usually listed? Are there better species of gobies to go with in a 45 gallon system? I have a trigger and it burrows like their is no tomorrow. Will most gobies do the same or is it a little more subtle?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I love my Diamond Goby...shes a Pain in the butt. Tears my whole tank up lol. She's buried my coral, messed up my aquascape, all that.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my diamond goby, and my sand has never been so clean! You just need to be sure not to leave many corals on the sand bottom or they will get buried.

28451904-9FEF-4A26-A231-80F9D043EB8A.jpeg

Here’s a video of my diamond goby building a new burrow. It wasn’t there yesterday, and the sand used to be level in that area.

OP
OP
Nigel35

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only corals I got that are on the bottom are a toadstool and some GSP. Which have been buried before lol

Seabiscuit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I love my Diamond Goby...shes a Pain in the butt. Tears my whole tank up lol. She's buried my coral, messed up my aquascape, all that.
Ditto. I have two of them. My sand bed started out totally flat. They have dug massive caves under every single rock so much so that I wonder if the rocks will fall over. They bury my macroalgae, sponges and corals. They swim right through my seahorse group when they gather to eat -- right in their faces. They are mine. I loved them before I got them. I still love those little house wreckers!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back