Diamond Watchman Goby

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Put this diamond goby in the tank yesterday and he went right to work. Well today I saw that particles are flying around my tank and it’s cloudy. And then I come to realize that it’s the goby kicking up the sand! I’m sure many of you have felt with this, I am using CaribSea Fiji Pink sand. How do you guys combat this if even possible?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they are sand hogs. I can't remember the sand I have (around 14 years ago), but what I did was no corals down low. My guy always stayed low in the tank while he plowed around sucking up sand. One thing for sure, your sand will be clean.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Put this diamond goby in the tank yesterday and he went right to work. Well today I saw that particles are flying around my tank and it’s cloudy. And then I come to realize that it’s the goby kicking up the sand! I’m sure many of you have felt with this, I am using CaribSea Fiji Pink sand. How do you guys combat this if even possible?
There is no stopping this it will get worse as it grows. Mine is around 4.5 inches they can get up to 6" and mine puts sand even on corals at the top of the tank and seems to kill every coral and for some reason every coral it does not touch my coral beauty kills. My advice I love my goby so make the choice of fish or coral.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 64 75.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back