Diamond watchman Goby

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a dumb question, but I got a diamond goby yesterday and he’s of course dug his hole now. He was out earlier but now it seems he’s been in all day and the area he dug is get covered up, will he be able to find his way out? How long before I should go looking for him?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They cover their entrance at night so predators can’t get in. They can also stay hidden for several weeks when first introduced to a tank. I would never suggest going to look for them as you are more likely to injury them. Don’t worry they won’t get stuck they are monster sand movers.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They cover their entrance at night so predators can’t get in. They can also stay hidden for several weeks when first introduced to a tank. I would never suggest going to look for them as you are more likely to injury them. Don’t worry they won’t get stuck they are monster sand movers.
Thanks

Linflas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added one to my tank 3 days ago and I am amazed at how much better the sand looks already. He is a worker that's for sure. He hid the 1st day and hides when the light goes out but is active all day and doesn't seem the least bit shy. I really like this fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back