Diatom bloom and toadstool coral dropping?

CoralsComeInMoreColors

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2022
Messages
234
Reaction score
57
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with my tank cycling and posted it in my previous cycle and immediately did a 20% water change and added dr Tim’s nitrifying bacteria. Everything started opening up and being more lively except for my toadstool coral. It’s not dead as it’s still brown and has bumps on it’s cap. Any ideas what’s wrong with it? Also I have diatom bloom.
Parameters:
8 dKh
20 ppm nitrate
0.3 ppm phosphate
Nitrate really low
8.2 pH
80•f temp

image.jpg
 
Your tank is so new and that’s most likely why. Alternatively you can try changing the lighting schedule but if it shrivels/turns white then it’s dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new