Did Berghia work for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IPT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Did using Berghia solve your Aptasia problem?

  • No - and I have NO Wrasses, Shrimp or other known predators

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

IPT

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
573
Reaction score
401
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of many home run stories, but then, somehow for some people they there is no Fairytale ending. I am trying to get a better understanding of outcomes and reasons for successes or failures.
 
The berghia's do a good job of eliminating the aptaisia's in the display tank, when the aptaisia are gone the berghia's will die. The problem is, the berghia's can never find all the aptaisia's in the overflow, the sump, the pipes, etc.... so they start to spread again. It is a never ending cycle of adding berghia's basically annually.
 
The berghia's do a good job of eliminating the aptaisia's in the display tank, when the aptaisia are gone the berghia's will die. The problem is, the berghia's can never find all the aptaisia's in the overflow, the sump, the pipes, etc.... so they start to spread again. It is a never ending cycle of adding berghia's basically annually.

Yeah, I figured this was the case. I think in part Aptasia reproduce easily (even from a single cell I think) so I would think the Berghia don't even eat every cell, thus the Aptasia will come again anyway. Still, it will be nice to have them less often and in less numbers and be able to "control" them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new