Did Finding Nemo inspire innovation?

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,270
Reaction score
7,769
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I’m just being random. Or perhaps it’s because I didn’t get into the hobby until shortly after Finding Nemo came out. But the earliest of controllers I can think of is the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper. Researching it appears Digital Aquatics wasn’t registered until August 2004. Even though their out of business and likely unable to answer, it makes me wonder if the AquaScum 2003 from Finding Nemo inspired the original ReefKeeper system?

Just a random thought for the day.
 
Yeah I agree......I don't think the movie inspired anything other than maybe get a younger generation interested in the hobby? Technology was moving forward regardless of the movie.
 
Probably not like that. It did spur innovation for clownfish breeding and marine fish breeding in general though I believe. Breeding clownfish at scale really shows that breeding marine fish is possible and profitable if there’s enough money to be made to drive the innovation.
 
My parents had most of the same fish from Finding Nemo when they had their tank. If anything, it influenced a lot of people to get those same fish from the movie.
 
Perhaps I’m just being random. Or perhaps it’s because I didn’t get into the hobby until shortly after Finding Nemo came out. But the earliest of controllers I can think of is the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper. Researching it appears Digital Aquatics wasn’t registered until August 2004. Even though their out of business and likely unable to answer, it makes me wonder if the AquaScum 2003 from Finding Nemo inspired the original ReefKeeper system?

Just a random thought for the day.
I'm not sure about innovation, but it definitely brought attention to the hobby. Fun fact of the day: Finding Nemo inspired @revhtree to get into the hobby, eventually resulting in Reef2Reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new