Did I just kill my GSP?

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we need to know how old your tank is. Also i saw you say in your comment about being lazy and dipping so what other things have you been lazy about? Also you should DIP EVERYTHING that goes in your tank BEFORE it goes in your tank. Or you will end up with a bunch of stuff you don't want! Also what are you using to test salinity?

OP
OP
djs4him

djs4him

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we need to know how old your tank is.
About 6 months.

Also i saw you say in your comment about being lazy and dipping so what other things have you been lazy about?
You are absolutely right. Yesterday I left the toilet seat up after using it. And last night I didn't feel like washing dishes so I let my wife do it.

Also you should DIP EVERYTHING that goes in your tank BEFORE it goes in your tank. Or you will end up with a bunch of stuff you don't want!
Yes sir.

Also what are you using to test salinity?
A refractometer.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those nitrates are absolutely fine for those corals.I even like mine a little higher. I'm really perplexed by people that manage to kill GSP. I have literally sprayed straight hydrogen peroxide on little tiny pieces of remaining GSP mat and let it sit for five minutes before rinsing it off. The stuff still comes back. The polyps are now a bleach blonde at the moment, but they are still emerging. I agree with @Mibu if you want it to die, it lives. And if you want it to live, it will die.
It's an odd creature....

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 6 months.

You are absolutely right. Yesterday I left the toilet seat up after using it. And last night I didn't feel like washing dishes so I let my wife do it.

Yes sir.

A refractometer.
Loved the joke but careful not to tick off the wife.

Tank is still fairly young so that might be part of the issue. I have noticed that coral is hit or miss under a year cause your bio load is still duking it out for domination.

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i had gsp on a rock out of water for 7 days and it came back its almost imposible to kill its like a tough leather membrain i have had mine go sad and stay closed for around 15-20 days before but it came back like clockwork

OP
OP
djs4him

djs4him

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peroxide onlyt lasts in the water for about 3 hrs your lights or paramiters are the cause
Thank you. This is consistent with what I read. Alright today I'm going to do a full water change and add some food and amino acids to the water once finished. Lighting might be too intense? Would shock me since they're cheap grow lights off Amazon I had lying around from a year ago. I'll turn them to 50% for a week and see what that does.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to kill my again last night by putting 5% hydrogen peroxide on it and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Still popping out again this morning :face-with-rolling-eyes: :face-with-rolling-eyes: :face-with-rolling-eyes: :face-with-rolling-eyes:

OP
OP
djs4him

djs4him

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure a day will come when I look back on this thread and wish I hadn't have been so diligent trying to get it to come back.

I'll probably be attaching pictures of an overrun tank asking if anyone wants it.

OP
OP
djs4him

djs4him

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the purple matt/base is gone or severely damaged, it will open up again.
Not gone but definitely damaged. Seems like every few days when I gently hit it with a turkey baster, a few more small pieces come off. But there is still a good bit of solid purple matting so .. perhaps it'll bounce back.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gone but definitely damaged. Seems like every few days when I gently hit it with a turkey baster, a few more small pieces come off. But there is still a good bit of solid purple matting so .. perhaps it'll bounce back.
GSP likes to play with your emotions.

the avengers smile GIF

It's best to remain indifferent . :winking-face-with-tongue:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back