Did I place my corals correctly?

Fish2Coral

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So I have this nano reef tank (5 gallons) I had for about a year and a half. I got a new blastomussa Merletti, Green Start Polyp and Candy Cane Coral. They don’t seem to be doing that great like the other corals and anemone. I was wondering what can I do to help these three? Did I place them in the wrong place? I have my candy coral on the sand and the other two are placed up above on the highest rock. Are they in the wrong spot? I feed them reef roids and Microvert.

f1.jpg f2.jpg f3.jpg
 
hi welcome
 
imo lower the blasto n gsp,gsp will take a couple of days,blasto does not look happy at all,cc good spot
 
how long ago did you get the pieces?
 
Welcome to reef 2 reef!

Are you running carbon in your tank? Might want to consider moving the cc to a less shaded area, and not so close to the Kenya leather (those get huge!) gsp does well with good flow and should thrive in just about any light, and move the Blasto down.
 
Blastos are medium to low light. The Caulastraea is a medium light coral. The green star polyps will grow anywhere.
 
imo lower the blasto n gsp,gsp will take a couple of days,blasto does not look happy at all,cc good spot
Thanks! I lowered the blastro to the sand and it seems happier there. I got the GSP and Blasto last year in November and the CC this month.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new