Did I screw up? Aqueon plumbing question

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the same tank and there is no cause got alarm! No need to glue the drain pipe. Just make sure the base of the Durso drain is fully seated in the bull head. If not, push it into the bulkhead a little further.

It has happened to me today that my clownfish some how managed to jump into my overflow chamber. Imagine trying to get a net into the already small chamber with all that PVC in the way?! Once I pulled the Durso drain the water level decreased to only a few inches, and freed up plenty of space to easily net out my little guy.

OP
OP
GuppyHJD

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the same tank and there is no cause got alarm! No need to glue the drain pipe. Just make sure the base of the Durso drain is fully seated in the bull head. If not, push it into the bulkhead a little further.

It has happened to me today that my clownfish some how managed to jump into my overflow chamber. Imagine trying to get a net into the already small chamber with all that PVC in the way?! Once I pulled the Durso drain the water level decreased to only a few inches, and freed up plenty of space to easily net out my little guy.
Erick,
Are your return pipes just pressed into the bulkhead also?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back