Did something eat my stylo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabeb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabeb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2018
Messages
88
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This purple stylophora looked fine yesterday and now suddenly looks bare almost as if something ate it. I tested chemicals and everything is stable. What could have done this?

7aec197ba04e00198baa926df29ec7c0.jpg
 
That’s tissue necrosis. What ARE your parameters, that helps even if you say “they’re fine”.
 
I have not drip acclimated anything in years, just temp acclimate, dip and get them in the tank. Zero deaths. I also always ask the alk of the tank any time I get a new frag.
 
Looks like RTN like another member posted. Looks like it's still hanging in there so might come back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new