Did this zoa turn white in transit?

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya,

Just received corals I bought during that edit: riptide aquaculture live sale.

So one of the things I got in was a milkyways zoa, I think it was one of the $5 grabs I chose. But before they all opened up in the tank I was looking at the photos on my orders. And this does no look like that at all haha.

Let me preface this by saying whether it’s the wrong coral or the right one very irritated. I don’t care I’m curious to see if it goes back to the old coloration in this system.

This polyp in the middle was even open in the bag. And should be a milkyway but is this blueish white color and has been since I opened it.

IMG_5456.jpeg

The pattern in the center looks correct. But here is a photo of what I expected it would be, though the only photo of the exact coral is very small.

IMG_5467.png

Also this looks nothing like the photo they have on their website now for milky ways.

I really don’t care, but if it lost its color so drastically I think it will be cool to see the process of it coloring back up. Just was taken by surprise and laughed a bit when I saw the photo on my order page.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya,

Just received corals I bought during that riptide aquatics live sale.

So one of the things I got in was a milkyways zoa, I think it was one of the $5 grabs I chose. But before they all opened up in the tank I was looking at the photos on my orders. And this does no look like that at all haha.

Let me preface this by saying whether it’s the wrong coral or the right one very irritated. I don’t care I’m curious to see if it goes back to the old coloration in this system.

This polyp in the middle was even open in the bag. And should be a milkyway but is this blueish white color and has been since I opened it.

IMG_5456.jpeg

The pattern in the center looks correct. But he is a photo of what I expected it would be, though the only photo of the exact coral is very small.

IMG_5467.png

Also this looks nothing like the photo they have on their website now for milky ways.

I really don’t care, but if it lost its color so drastically I think it will be cool to see the process of it coloring back up. Just was taken by surprise and laughed a bit when I saw the photo on my order page.
like you said, it's pretty either way. it'll probably color back up nicely. love it

OP
OP
LandLockedJones

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, all of the other corals are gorgeous so far. So don’t let this one little zoa polyp make anybody think I am complaining about riptide. They are cool. They stalled my order because of all this freezing weather the last week or so. Which I was very happy about.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back