OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the rest of the pluming parts I think I'll need to finish both tanks.
Got QT setup last night and we are going to look at fish today!!
29gal QT should be ok for what I think will be only 4 clowns the first run.

I'm going to add some more water to the tank so it stops splashing so much but wanted to wait to see what the salinity will be from lfs. Also going to add a small power head i need to pick up today for more water movement.

20210227_092418.jpg

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Babies!!:D:D
I feel like a new dad:p
1x Black Storm
2x Orange Storm
1x Sub Zero
1x Dottyback

20210227_175211.jpg

Pretty funny, I had the Apex probes sitting in a container of rock and figured why not..
Pretty decked out QT I'm thinkin :p All babies seem happy!
20210227_175132.jpg

My wife had to have this one. he's camera shy;Snaphappy sorry for the mirror image, will get a better pic when the camera battery charges.
20210227_170451.jpg

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to get used to normal behavior for these fish now. Came down this morning to check on them and they all seemed to be floating around in a corner and kinda laying on their sides ;Singing;Singing After about 15 min they are out and about. Guess I woke them up:)

Salinity showing 35.2 this morning. Think thats to high??
I want to start Cupramine treatment today but not if the fish are still stressed from the move.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning ,why are you going to treat? i am not a medicine guy,if no signs of anything,why treat? watch close,be ready to treat if ness...but you have time.. ;) :)

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning ,why are you going to treat? i am not a medicine guy,if no signs of anything,why treat? watch close,be ready to treat if ness...but you have time.. ;) :)
I've read mixed reviews about my closest lfs and know of a few that have had issues so I wanted to make sure to give the fish the best start I can. Kinda like taking to the vet for their first shots was how I was looking at it:) but since I dont have a hanna copper checker I wanna wait till at least have that in hand. And I really dont want to worry about ick or something like that in the DT once they move. easier to treat in qt was my thought process.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got all kinda of newbie questions about these clowns:p:p
Do they like light?? They are in my basement by themselves most of the day and it stays dark. Should I leave a light on during the day in that room or even the tank light which I think is kinda bright.
Do I feed once a day in the morning or night or twice a day?
Ive got a Sicce nano stream pump in the tank but is seems a little strong. Do they need one?? should it be smaller, Mine is 530 gph but they make a 250 I can get. Should I just turn it off?
Lastly, the temp is almost 79 and sometimes a little higher. is that to high? Should I bump it down to try and get right at 78?
They seem happy in their new home;Shamefullyembarrased

DSC_0003.JPG

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes give them room light if bright enough,their colors will fade,flow?? long as have cofortable spots to get out of and rest ,no prob,if like whirlpool ,then yes downsize,temp no worries,clowns are hearty and the temp is gradual swing :cool:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i do twice, lil while after lights on,then again early eve ,couple hour before lights out.
they are like puppies will beg for food..lol :)

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright @fishguy242 I swear this is the last question today:p (and for anyone that has an opinion please speak up..)
you have done alot of rework in the basement while fish and coral are present. is there any issue to the fish if I'm using pvc cement or silicone sealer in the same room? It smells pretty bad at time and I cant leave the fan in the window all night. Will it effect the fish?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back