Difference between Dry and Liquid BRS soda ash?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between BRS Dry and and Liquid soda ash? I mean my soda ash is in liquid form now, is that what it means? It seems like there is a difference in the dosing amount when I put in dry and when I put in liquid into the calculator.

image.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is one comes premixed with water.
The soda ash /sodium carbonate is the same as taking baking soda and baking it in the oven. Randys 2 part recipe sugests this to convert baking soda to sodium carbonate. Then he has you mix it with water.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is one comes premixed with water.
The soda ash /sodium carbonate is the same as taking baking soda and baking it in the oven. Randys 2 part recipe sugests this to convert baking soda to sodium carbonate. Then he has you mix it with water.
Ok so mine didn’t come premixed with water so I assume it’s the “dry” version?

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really understand your question. Both dosages are for the same product. It is just one is a dry measure to add the powder and the other is in milliliters after mixing per the directions into water.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really understand your question. Both dosages are for the same product. It is just one is a dry measure to add the powder and the other is in milliliters after mixing per the directions into water.
Ohhh ok I get my bad sorry I didn’t understand it I’m still learning haha.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss-understood the question. After looking at the brs site I see they only sell dry . They also include a mixing jug. You can dose it in dry form or mix it with water. The calculator will tell you how much depending on if you have mixed it with water or are dosing it dry

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishbro if you're trying to figure out how much to dose, look at the BRS calculator. You'll find four choices, liquid soda ash, liquid sodium bicarbonate, dry soda ash, dry sodium bicarbonate. How much you dose depends upon which product you are using. For example, I was dosing dry soda ash, so I would run my calc for dry soda ash / pharma pouch. Then mix this amount with some water and add to my tank.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishbro if you're trying to figure out how much to dose, look at the BRS calculator. You'll find four choices, liquid soda ash, liquid sodium bicarbonate, dry soda ash, dry sodium bicarbonate. How much you does depends upon which product you are using. For example, I was dosing dry soda ash, so I would run my calc for dry soda ash / pharma pouch. Then mix this amount with some water and add to my tank.
Yep got it thanks.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss-understood the question. After looking at the brs site I see they only sell dry . They also include a mixing jug. You can dose it in dry form or mix it with water. The calculator will tell you how much depending on if you have mixed it with water or are dosing it dry
Yeah so i already mixed mine so I’ll be using the liquid option on the brs calculator.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back