Difference between RODI premium and premium plus models?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the difference between these two RODI models from bulk reef supply? The “5 stage premium plus ro/di system” and the “5 stage premium ro/di system.” One of them is premium and costs 60 dollars more about. But the other is not plus and costs only 200$ but what is the difference between the two??? I want to get the cheaper version but I don’t know if I need the plus version.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the difference between these two RODI models from bulk reef supply? The “5 stage premium plus ro/di system” and the “5 stage premium ro/di system.” One of them is premium and costs 60 dollars more about. But the other is not plus and costs only 200$ but what is the difference between the two??? I want to get the cheaper version but I don’t know if I need the plus version.

The plus models have a digital TDS three-line meter, which basically shows you how your pure water is, and a membrane flush valve. To me, the latter makes it worth while; having the ability to flush the RO membranes allows for cleaner water, and will make the membranes last longer as well.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product details on the BRS site note the difference:
PLUS RO/DI System Included Upgrades

• HM Digital Inline Dual TDS Meter - Instantly know the purity of your water, before and after the deionization stage. The inline probes come pre-installed and with the simple push of a button, your waters TDS is displayed on the LDC monitor.
  • Glycerin Filled Pressure Gauge - Reverse Osmosis membranes require a particular amount of pressure to operate efficiently, and using a pressure gauge will help ensure your system is performing correctly. Pressure Gauges also work as a great indicator of when sediment or carbon blocks start to become clogged.
  • Membrane Flush Valve - Keep your RODI system running like new by flushing the membrane for a few minutes before and after each use. Membrane flushing helps remove any built-up mineral deposits from your membrane, that could harm performance, or even cause a complete clog.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the product description the Plus version gets you a TDS meter, a pressure gauge, and a flush valve. All three are useful and probably worth the extra money.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product details on the BRS site note the difference:
PLUS RO/DI System Included Upgrades

• HM Digital Inline Dual TDS Meter - Instantly know the purity of your water, before and after the deionization stage. The inline probes come pre-installed and with the simple push of a button, your waters TDS is displayed on the LDC monitor.
  • Glycerin Filled Pressure Gauge - Reverse Osmosis membranes require a particular amount of pressure to operate efficiently, and using a pressure gauge will help ensure your system is performing correctly. Pressure Gauges also work as a great indicator of when sediment or carbon blocks start to become clogged.
  • Membrane Flush Valve - Keep your RODI system running like new by flushing the membrane for a few minutes before and after each use. Membrane flushing helps remove any built-up mineral deposits from your membrane, that could harm performance, or even cause a complete clog.
Oh wow I had no idea, that sounds pretty good for the money. thank you!

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the product description the Plus version gets you a TDS meter, a pressure gauge, and a flush valve. All three are useful and probably worth the extra money.
Yeah I think they are too now, I’ll definitely be getting the plus version, I need those components. Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back