Difference between Trident and reefkinetects?

tmcca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefkinetecs shipping soon to USA and list price I was told will be 899. What is the difference between this and Neptune Trident? This actually looks better

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefkinetecs shipping soon to USA and list price I was told will be 899. What is the difference between this and Neptune Trident? This actually looks better

Pretty simple differences. Trident measures dKH/Mag/Cal with proprietary reagents and the ReefBot measures dKH/Mag/Cal/Phophates/Nitrates/Chlorine using third party reagents that are available at most LFS, etc.

Not too much known about either honestly since no legitimate end-user video of either has been released from what I can tell. The ReefBot looks interesting, but design will I think limit it's audience. Question also will surround the durability of the components used in the machine.

OP
OP
T

tmcca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is why Trident was pushed back, I was told that Neptune looking to add more tests similar to ReefBot

ReefBot releasing supposedly in late July and supplied by CoralVue price tag $899. However, I heard introductory offer will be $700. We will see.

Warranty 1 year this is what I was told. I agree would question the durability and price of fixing it if something breaks.

ReefBot

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's gonna be a pricey piece of kit. I though the Alkatronic was pricey (but it's worth every penny then some). Maybe this'll be similar in effectiveness for my reef (only if i would have somewhere to place it - no space for a device this size)

OP
OP
T

tmcca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is issue I think the size. Alkatronic vs KH Director? I am giving up waiting for Trident to be honest.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is issue I think the size. Alkatronic vs KH Director? I am giving up waiting for Trident to be honest.

I haven't used the KH Director, so can only recommend the Alkatronic since that is what I use. I would buy it again if I had to make the decision again. I run a calcium reactor and haven't at this point found the need to worry about magnesium/calcium (would be nice to know them for sure on a more frequent basis, but not necessary).

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i liked my alktronic until i tried doing a firmware upgrade now the unit keeps telling me to do a restart. i am not a windows guy and not familiar on downloading files and transferring that over to the alktronic via a usb. sucks now i have a unit that does not work ( its not bricked) can't wait for the trident to come out i am getting one of them. apex makes great products esp, when the user does not have to transfer downloaded files that only work with one platform ( windows) when most people these days own apple products. but anyway cant wait for the trident,

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is why Trident was pushed back, I was told that Neptune looking to add more tests similar to ReefBot

Don’t believe that’s true! I think it was more about going from prototype to reliable production. Plus I don’t think there was ever an official release date so it cannot technically have been pushed back lol. Reefbot has been in gestation even longer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back