Differences between Kessil/Radion/Hydra ?

M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to order some leds for my reefer 250, and could use some quick pointers on what the differences between these lights are.
-Kessil AP700
-2x Radion XR15 Pro G4
-2x Hydra 26 HD

I'm sure all 3 will light lps tank without a problem, just would like to know how they compare to each other when it comes to lunar lights, app availability, disco effect, ease of programming, and whatever else there is that makes it stand out.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to order some leds for my reefer 250, and could use some quick pointers on what the differences between these lights are.
-Kessil AP700
-2x Radion XR15 Pro G4
-2x Hydra 26 HD

I'm sure all 3 will light lps tank without a problem, just would like to know how they compare to each other when it comes to lunar lights, app availability, disco effect, ease of programming, and whatever else there is that makes it stand out.
The lights are all neck to neck. The only downfall to the radions is you need a reeflink to WiFi control them whereas the kessil ap700 and the hydra 26 both have built in WiFi capability. Difference in the kessil and hydra is they hydra can be controlled from anywhere in the world, the kessil you have to be connected to your home's WiFi or connected to the kessils own signal. And kessils ap needs some work. As far as growing coral all three are great. The kessils (in my opinion) pull ahead of the game as kessil is the leader in shimmer and not having a disco ball effect or being able to pick individual colors out in the tank. All three are super easy to program. There are a bunch of other stuff to cover which I'm sure someone else will chime in. As to which one is best, that's up to your own interpretation. Kessil always gets my vote :)

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The lights are all neck to neck. The only downfall to the radions is you need a reeflink to WiFi control them whereas the kessil ap700 and the hydra 26 both have built in WiFi capability. Difference in the kessil and hydra is they hydra can be controlled from anywhere in the world, the kessil you have to be connected to your home's WiFi or connected to the kessils own signal. And kessils ap needs some work. As far as growing coral all three are great. The kessils (in my opinion) pull ahead of the game as kessil is the leader in shimmer and not having a disco ball effect or being able to pick individual colors out in the tank. All three are super easy to program. There are a bunch of other stuff to cover which I'm sure someone else will chime in. As to which one is best, that's up to your own interpretation. Kessil always gets my vote :)
Do you think your view may change with the potential addition of the diffusers on the Radions?? Should remove disco ball effect and blend light much better. Thoughts?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think your view may change with the potential addition of the diffusers on the Radions?? Should remove disco ball effect and blend light much better. Thoughts?
I wouldn't be opposed to trying them out.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ap700 with major diffusion lenses is about as close as you can get to the look of metal halide / the sun.

OP
OP
M4rtin

M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order for Kessil.
Deciding factor for me in the end was overall cleaner look :)

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 2 Hydra 26 HD'S and 1 Hydra 52 HD for the middle of my SCA 150.

Hydra HD lIGHTS.jpg

RIMLESS SCA 150.jpg

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will most likely will be adding the AquticLife fixture for my 3 AI Hydra leds. I am going with the 61'' Hybrid T5HO 4X80 Fixture w/ the led mounting.
Instead of running 4 Hydra I will be running my 1 Hydra HD 52 in the middle and 2 Hydra 26's on installed on each side of the tank.. My buddy bought one for his 120 and radiant s and loves it.

Capture.PNG
I

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back