Different chromis in the tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FL_Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
2,162
Reaction score
620
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if anyone is keeping multiple species of chromis in there tanks. At this time we have 2 green and 7 yellow chromis in our tank now but would like to add more. I'm thinking some blue and maybe some black and white. Tank space is not an issue, it's 220 gallons and I really like how the yellow ''school'' together. We had more of the green but we had a ''devil'' damsel that could not play nice so he is gone now. Anyone have any experience with keeping multiple species of these fish together.
 
My experience in 300g with the blue green is they get along all day. But start disappearing and then after a year your left with one. They must fight at night. ..??
Never did solve where they want.
 
That's what happens with ours but I think the blue damsel was the one doing it. They slowly disappeared but none have gone since we got rid of him. I'm hoping to add more but of a different species. I would imagine the different kinds would get along just fine but you never really know.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new