Hello from California

R_Fish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Location
Napa Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm brand new to the aquarium keeping hobby (only about 1 year in). Right now I have a small 20 gal tank with only 2 fish. I had more before but unfortunately they didnt make it.

I currently have a Green Chromis and a Blue Devil Damsel. I know its a bad combo, and yes the Chromis has been bullied, and will probably pass away soon. I can't get any more fish to maybe help him school, due to my relocation. Instead I have opted to put him in an isolation cage, to maybe help him out a bit.

In the past I got 5 Chromis so they would school but 4 of them didn't survive after being acclimated to my tank. I also had a Yellow Goby, who unfortunately died from what I think as internal parasites soon after he joined my tank.

I hope here I can learn more about how to manage my tank so I won't lose more fish, and become a better aquarist.

20260114_134509.jpg 20251122_163751.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi, I'm brand new to the aquarium keeping hobby (only about 1 year in). Right now I have a small 20 gal tank with only 2 fish. I had more before but unfortunately they didnt make it.

I currently have a Green Chromis and a Blue Devil Damsel. I know its a bad combo, and yes the Chromis has been bullied, and will probably pass away soon. I can't get any more fish to maybe help him school, due to my relocation. Instead I have opted to put him in an isolation cage, to maybe help him out a bit.

In the past I got 5 Chromis so they would school but 4 of them didn't survive after being acclimated to my tank. I also had a Yellow Goby, who unfortunately died from what I think as internal parasites soon after he joined my tank.

I hope here I can learn more about how to manage my tank so I won't lose more fish, and become a better aquarist.

20260114_134509.jpg 20251122_163751.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!
 
Black White and Yellow Modern Welcome Video(1).gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new