Different cupramine (drops per gallon) directions?

kesh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2017
Messages
88
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi..im just had a velvet outbreak. i got cupramine and dosed the 1st dose. I followed the direction on bottle label. My label says 20 drops per gallon. My label corresponds to that on seachem website. But i see ppl commenting 16 drops per gallon, 10 drops per gallon. Did I overdose?
What is the right dose?
 
Last edited:
Hi..im just had a velvet outbreak. i got cupramine and dosed the 1st dose. I followed the direction on bottle label. My label says 20 drops per gallon. My label corresponds to that on seachem website. But i see ppl commenting 16 drops per gallon, 10 drops per gallon. Did I overdose?
What is the right dose?

You can't really rely on the dosing guidelines. You need either a Seachem or Salifert copper test kit to know for sure. 0.4 - 0.5 ppm is therapeutic range for Cupramine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new