Different types of polyps or something else on acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AC8A1F26-9A7F-4B2E-8419-9D3F7121A5D6.jpeg
B26DF4D2-C36A-4B84-BE47-DC4BFCC99662.jpeg
My smooth skin acro has it’s polyps out and I noticed the flower petal type polyps but then noticed this fine sweeping type. Is this a specialized polyp or a symbiont? It opens and and closes in a flickering motion. I tried to upload a video but I’m not having success.
 
It’s on the very tip of the coral. Shouldn’t there be a regular polyp there?

Yes that's normally where a pylop would be, the barnacle will most likely die and the coral will grow over that area. Nothing to worry about. If you feel you have to do something about it get out the bone cutter and clip the tip off...
 
I was gonna suggest vermitid snail, but can't really tell in the pictures what we are looking at?
 
Thanks to everyone. As long as it plays nice I won’t mess with it. It is interesting to look at. Especially when the reef chile is in the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new