Different Wrasses

haleyreich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I currently have a 65 gallon tank with a very small puddingwife wrasse. He’s only about an inch long, but i’m think of adding a juvenile (roughly the same size) red coris wrasse and/or yellow coris. Do you think they will be okay with one another or will they fight? I’ve heard mixed reviews...

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't advise on the fighting question, but won't the puddingwife wrasse and red coris wrasse grow exceedingly large for a 65-gallon tank? It seems like they reach lengths over 12", but maybe they do not get that large in captivity. Are you planning to rehome or to upgrade in the future as they grow?

@evolved Any advice to offer?

OP
OP
H

haleyreich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't advise on the fighting question, but won't the puddingwife wrasse and red coris wrasse grow exceedingly large for a 65-gallon tank? It seems like they reach lengths over 12", but maybe they do not get that large in captivity. Are you planning to rehome or to upgrade in the future as they grow?
Yes, I plan on upgrading. They are just currently in the 65 since he’s so small. Planning on a 250 or so for the next tank.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow 'not so' Coris is a great fish. If the other wrasse is still small, it should be okay. The red Coris gaimard that I kept grew really slowly, so that might be an option. I wouldn't recommend the Coris or the puddingwife for a 65, but you already addressed that. All 3 do need sand, just in case any readers didn't know.

Evolved has moved on from Reef2Reef.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I currently have a 65 gallon tank with a very small puddingwife wrasse. He’s only about an inch long, but i’m think of adding a juvenile (roughly the same size) red coris wrasse and/or yellow coris. Do you think they will be okay with one another or will they fight? I’ve heard mixed reviews...
Yellow corris should stay small enough for a 65. I kept a green corris in my 32 for his entire life and he maybe got 2.5” long

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow corris should stay small enough for a 65. I kept a green corris in my 32 for his entire life and he maybe got 2.5”

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back