Difficulty QTing Clown Goby.

ReefKeeper666

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
473
Reaction score
165
Location
Coral Gables, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having difficulty QTing a clown goby. I had one in QT for 10 days then I lost him Shortly after treating him with copper. I went to the LFS and the kid working there was nice enough to give me another one. I put him in a clean tank and he died overnight. Is there something I’m missing that makes these guys difficult to QT?
is the a. Ore durable fish thats similar that I could try?
 
after the first guy died I dumped the qt cleaned it with fresh water and vinegar. Sat out in the sun 24 hours. wiped out with a damp rag with RO on it then a dry cloth. Filled it with fresh SW at 1.024 and fritzyme 6. Ran over night and fish placed next day. Ph was 8.2 temp 78 . Acclimated him like any other fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new