Diggler's Weird 90 Gallon Reef Tank

Sand and scape is in now. Please give me some feedback on this. There is about 1.5 inches of sand in the tank but it looks like more in the front.
20181215_174924.jpeg
20181215_174928.jpeg
20181215_174932.jpeg
20181215_174938.jpeg
 
4 bulbs will get you in the mid 100s for par, for sps you'll want something else in there for more kick. What kind of $$ are we working with?
Almost everything in this build is used, or DIY, so I don't have a lot to work with, but I'm also not in any particular rush. I'm trying to get an idea on what needs to be done to get to my end goal of having SPS corals. Black Box LEDs like SBReefLights are something I've considered as far as light bars are concerned, but a full transition to LED is something im trying to avoid for this build.
 
I laughed way to hard at the video! "Well its alive" I dont know why, but i did.

Looking good bud!
Thanks! I've been busting my tail to get it to this point. Today I'll mix in the salt and adjust the heaters if necessary.
 
I think I might need an LED light bar for this if I'm going to keep SPS. Are 4 T5 bulbs enough for SPS to be kept in the center, and LSP and softies kept under the glass? @NY_Caveman @Flippers4pups @ArowanaLover1902 @Diamond1 @Crabs Mcjones

4, 54w bulbs will give you 216 total watts. 90 gallon tank is roughly 24" tall. I agree with @Crabs Mcjones, your going to need a little more " punch". Could add two more single t5 fixtures, one on each side of the four and get over 300watts. Keeping them close to the water between 3" -6" above water line should work. Decent reflectors will help a lot.
 
4, 54w bulbs will give you 216 total watts. 90 gallon tank is roughly 24" tall. I agree with @Crabs Mcjones, your going to need a little more " punch". Could add two more single t5 fixtures, one on each side of the four and get over 300watts. Keeping them close to the water between 3" -6" above water line should work.
Would an LED light bar or two help?
 
Would an LED light bar or two help?
I would, as @Flippers4pups said, I personally wouldn't use an LED strip light, i'd look something more into the black boxes or sb reef lights. If you'd like to go fancier with control AI primes or hydras are always great :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new