Diggler's Weird 90 Gallon Reef Tank

I might have come upon a free rodi system. I might only be a 2 stage, but I can add new canisters, and that's way cheaper than buying a whole new unit! SAVINGS!!!
 
Looks like she did some more pencil work last night. She changed the initial scene, took out the boat, and added a diver. Amazing. Until she paints it, it's difficult to capture, but this is pretty exciting for me considering it is probably the most personal touch for this project thus far.
 
Just picked up the rodi system from my buddy. This looks to be a 4 stage, which is exactly what i was looking for. I'll take it out of the box and get more info on it tomorrow when I'm not so dang tired. #Winning
 
Looks like a Barracuda 50GPD 4-Stage RO/DI system. I'll probably add a BRS water saver upgrade to it to increase production though, not that I'm complaining considering how much this kit cost me.
20181018_185132.jpeg
20181018_185106.jpeg
20181018_185127.jpeg
 
Just ordered my TDS meter. Since i have the rodi system now, this seems like the next logical step.
Screenshot_20181020-100048_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
 
Stand is just about in place, internal tank plumbing is done. Now I'm waiting on the unions and gate valves to do the external plumbing. Scaping this tank is going to be challenging, but i have a hacksaw so I'm sure I'll figure something out. I honestly thought i had a bit more width with this tank though. Amazing how that happens.
20181025_193711.jpeg
20181025_193708.jpeg
20181025_193608.jpeg
20181025_193606.jpeg
20181025_193556.jpeg
20181025_193552.jpeg
20181025_193544.jpeg
20181025_193542.jpeg
 
First draft for the scape. My daughter did this one. I'll probably have to take some of these pieces out to build new pieces with the cement, but this is a good place to start.
20181027_175649.jpeg
 
Got my gate valves and unions. Time to plumb this sucker. I'm thinking I'll run tap to test, then replace with salt water after a few days. So excited.
 
Getting it wet the first time is very exciting!
Good luck with the plumbing and lets see some flow!
First things first.... giggity! Second, you're right. Now that I'm done working for the house, time for some me work. I'll post pics of the progress.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new