Digital Aquatics Customer Service

pache11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easy way to get outside without port forwarding is to use remote pc access software like teamviewer. It is free for non commercial use. Leave it running on the home pc and connect to other devices, they have apps that run on ios as well. I develop industrial controls and often have to remote into a clients machine.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easy way to get outside without port forwarding is to use remote pc access software like teamviewer. It is free for non commercial use. Leave it running on the home pc and connect to other devices, they have apps that run on ios as well. I develop industrial controls and often have to remote into a clients machine.

A recommendation... https://ewon.biz/

Teamviewer is a security nightmare.

springdalemaple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried to get some support on a PB4 that keeps loosing communications to the RKL base.

Email [email protected] returned as undeliverable

There is no phone number on their website

Repeated requests to join their support forum go unanswered

Guess I went the wrong way on this. I'd _love_ to by an Achron base, use it with my existing PB4's, (provided I can get the one repaired), and have wifi access to my controller. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that it's ever going to happen.

I really hate to spend the money on replacing what I have with an Apex... and if I'm gonna do that, I suppose I should be looking at the 'new' apex, not the classic. $800. Quite a hit, over a failed PB4 unit.
[email protected] the website link has a typo

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late. I'm a happy Apex user now, thanks.

Why would you allow a mistake on your own website link to a support email... and why would you not put a single phone number anywhere on the site.

Dedication to customer support does not seem like a corporate priority.

working_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RKE elite just croaked. Head unit displays "ERROR" and lights on all units flashing. Tried factory rest and no joy. Given the situation at DA I'm going to have to go in a new direction ala Greybeard....

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RKE elite just croaked. Head unit displays "ERROR" and lights on all units flashing. Tried factory rest and no joy. Given the situation at DA I'm going to have to go in a new direction ala Greybeard....

Have you tried any troubleshooting? The error is that it cannot connect to the port that is displayed on the home page. Try a buss cable between the RKE head unit and one of the PC4's only no other modules connected. It sounds like a buss issue.

working_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply - I will give that a shot. I received this unit second hand from my FiL. No manuals or instructions and as someone said earlier in tis thread I couldn't get DA to respond to a request to join their forum to try and dig deeper into this issue. I'll go try it and see what happens and report back.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the bad news....as was told to me a couple years ago...so take if for what it's worth: When DA came out with Archon, all ReefKeeper staff were let go. There is no support for us ReefKeeper folks....nothing!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the bad news....as was told to me a couple years ago...so take if for what it's worth: When DA came out with Archon, all ReefKeeper staff were let go. There is no support for us ReefKeeper folks....nothing!

There has only been four of five DA employees at any one time. I don't know of any time that there were only Reefkeeper folks. People have come and gone during the years. There are several of us on the forums that have used RKE, RKL and Archon units that are good at helping with these units. If you have an issue we may be able to help.

working_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried isolating all units in all combinations. I have 2 PB4s and one SL1. The red lights are blinking on the status indicator for both PB4s and the blue light steadily blinks on the SL1. The head unit doesn't recognize anything. I plugged in the USB unit and connected MYREEF which briefly recognizes that there is a RKE unit, the PB4s go "green" for a moment and then everything goes back to "red". After the factory Reset the head unit no longer displays ERROR but instead I thing it says NONE.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on in, the water is fine. I called Apex with a question, and actually spoke to a human.

I know there are a good many friendly RK users on this forum, but when you pay good money for a commercial product, you expect a certain level of support. If I had chosen a DIY path, well, that's different. I didn't.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you hook only the RKE head unit to the SID with myReef running. Do not attempt an update. Does myReef see the head unit OK. You did try the head unit only with one PB4 and no other modules. If that does not work try a different PB4. If that does not work try a different buss cable. Make sure all connectors on the buss cable and modules and head unit have no corrosion. It is sounding like an issue with the head unit, but not quite sure yet.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a factory reset there is no programming left in the head unit so there is no port selected to display on the home screen. That is why it displays none now.

pache11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
using myreef connect only the head to the sid and see if it will recognize it. If not PSOC is probally corrupt and will have to an interrupted update to fix.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So DA finally kicked the bucket.... the support forums haven't had any recent posts and the last archon update looks to be nearly a year old.

The reefkeeper is still viable and usable as a basic controller for heaters/lights/timers even with out any type of support.

For any one looking for some Reef keeper parts let me know as I'm selling my entire Reefkeeper setup.

Dunamis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to get this resolved? I can't post in the forums anymore. What phone number do you have for them 425-527-0995 is busy.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I gave up and bought an apex

Dunamis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So DA finally kicked the bucket.... the support forums haven't had any recent posts and the last archon update looks to be nearly a year old.

The reefkeeper is still viable and usable as a basic controller for heaters/lights/timers even with out any type of support.

For any one looking for some Reef keeper parts let me know as I'm selling my entire Reefkeeper setup.
Try emailing at DA support.
I have been emailing them for 2 weeks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back