OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like dinos to me. Your nerite snails are laying eggs rather profusely! :D
Thank you. Any thoughts on what it might be? Tank has been running since late January and has had fish since June, I did a long cycle. This is the first major outbreak of algae I’ve had. I’ve fed pretty heavy and the parameters are a little high but aren’t way out of control.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with your parameters if that's where they've been all along. How old is your tank? Do you have access to a microscope?

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with your parameters if that's where they've been all along. How old is your tank? Do you have access to a microscope?
I do not have access to a microscope. The tank has been wet since January of this year. First fish went in in late May or early June. 2 clowns, 2 zebra bar dartfish, 1 orange back fairy wrasse. Only 3 corals in there, zoas, micromusa, Favia. I have fed pretty heavily to keep the fish happy and the nutrients have been up and down. Feeding will be cut down going forward. Usually do a 4.5 gallon water change once a week. 37 total gallons in the system. I did change 9 gallons last week to lower nutrients. Will go back to 4.5 gal change this week, I don’t want to bottom out N or P completely.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With nutrient levels like those I can't see it being dinos. Probably diatoms and green algae. I recommend herbivores to help keep it all under control. Looks like you have some already. If you are interested in more snails, then I recommend cerith snails because they go all over including the sandbed.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back