Dino’s ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheWB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Doesn't look like dinos to me. Your nerite snails are laying eggs rather profusely! :D
Thank you. Any thoughts on what it might be? Tank has been running since late January and has had fish since June, I did a long cycle. This is the first major outbreak of algae I’ve had. I’ve fed pretty heavy and the parameters are a little high but aren’t way out of control.
 
Nothing wrong with your parameters if that's where they've been all along. How old is your tank? Do you have access to a microscope?
 
Nothing wrong with your parameters if that's where they've been all along. How old is your tank? Do you have access to a microscope?
I do not have access to a microscope. The tank has been wet since January of this year. First fish went in in late May or early June. 2 clowns, 2 zebra bar dartfish, 1 orange back fairy wrasse. Only 3 corals in there, zoas, micromusa, Favia. I have fed pretty heavily to keep the fish happy and the nutrients have been up and down. Feeding will be cut down going forward. Usually do a 4.5 gallon water change once a week. 37 total gallons in the system. I did change 9 gallons last week to lower nutrients. Will go back to 4.5 gal change this week, I don’t want to bottom out N or P completely.
 
With nutrient levels like those I can't see it being dinos. Probably diatoms and green algae. I recommend herbivores to help keep it all under control. Looks like you have some already. If you are interested in more snails, then I recommend cerith snails because they go all over including the sandbed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new