Dino ? help

Mrt88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have been battling with what I think are Dinos for the last few months.

I have just got hold of a basic microscope.

can someone please help me identify this ?

im fairly sure they came on as my nutrients bottomed out when I first started the tank. i have tried dino x with not much luck and Dr Tim’s again with not much luck.

I have just added a Uv and started to dose hydrogen peroxide at 1ml per gallon.

IMG_5664.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mrt88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for that :) I know it’s not the best image but it’s the best I have available to me.
is there anything particular/specific I can try to help with this kind of dino ?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for that :) I know it’s not the best image but it’s the best I have available to me.
is there anything particular/specific I can try to help with this kind of dino ?
UV generally works, but they are a little bit more stubborn about leaving the sand. Sometimes a blackout or blasting surfaces with a turkey baster can get more cells into the water and increase contact with UV.

OP
OP
M

Mrt88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV generally works, but they are a little bit more stubborn about leaving the sand. Sometimes a blackout or blasting surfaces with a turkey baster can get more cells into the water and increase contact with UV.
Brilliant, thank you very much for that info, will give that a go. The tank is due a clean tomorrow. I’ve let it go on purpose to get those nutrients up.

I don’t know if i am imagining this but I think I am seeing less visible movement under the microscope then I did before

OP
OP
M

Mrt88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the help. I hope it’s ok that I am keeping you in this loop.
I have tried to take another video on another scope. Not much better but I hope it’s helps.
there ability to spread is amazing, stirring up the sand to get them through the roller filter and uv and 2 days later they are back.

my main worry is there I a nit very pleasant smell when I do give it a deep mix. Now I don’t know if that’s from the detritus in the sand or the dino. I have been trying to ID them using your guide but I am no expert. Any other guidance would be Really appreciated

I can test anything you think would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_5719.mov
    54 MB

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back