Dino Outbreak

Eric Woodliff

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help in Dino problem I’ve had my Red Sea 250 (54gallon display) setup for 12 weeks now, the sand and half the rock were in my previous tank for an additional 4 weeks. Hard to tell from photos but it looks like dinos on the sand and glass. I have to clean the glass at least once a day.
96AC1B60-2D00-447A-AAAE-467018C09919.jpeg
96AC1B60-2D00-447A-AAAE-467018C09919.jpeg
1E2407CD-71A3-41A2-A28F-939294FE08CA.jpeg
3164E723-0481-4C79-AC54-6DFDBA367F12.jpeg
57631211-8EC2-47E1-9A6B-41DDEED47C3D.jpeg
20B437DF-776F-499B-9C08-2A658C101E54.jpeg
40571A59-B787-4133-8D7B-2EC7275E281E.jpeg


Parameters are Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 10, phosphates are 0 using Salifert. I don’t think I overfeed. I have a ton of flow. I run a huge skimmer rated for upwards of 200+ gallons. Just started a UV sterilizer. I run 1/2 cup carbon and 1/2 cup GFO.
 
Would you do that by stopping GFO, Skimmer or both you think. Or dosing?
I currently was reading 0 for my PO4 as well I don’t run carbon or gfo I brought mine up by feeding more but just be careful with the feeding more make sure they are eating all of it it will slowly raise it.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new