Dino

Mick51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been “battling dinos for almost a month now,nitrates we’re 0 got them up to approx 10 Po3 is a bit high .16 . tried dosing Vibrant..Didnt seem to do a lot I saw someone on here posted clamping a poly filter sheet on the glass to catch it that works but the dinos remain.. I’ve seen some have luck with UV and I don’t want to spend 3-4 hundred on 1 I saw one on chewy it’s the same 1 I have on a freshwater tank it’s a “sunsun” with uv sterilizer for 100 gal tank $75 would this be enough for this 75 gal tank I have?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before getting the UV just for Dinos, you'll need to ID the Dinos to see if the UV will even be effective. Get a sample of the dinos under a microscope to see what kind they are.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been “battling dinos for almost a month now,nitrates we’re 0 got them up to approx 10 Po3 is a bit high .16 . tried dosing Vibrant..Didnt seem to do a lot I saw someone on here posted clamping a poly filter sheet on the glass to catch it that works but the dinos remain.. I’ve seen some have luck with UV and I don’t want to spend 3-4 hundred on 1 I saw one on chewy it’s the same 1 I have on a freshwater tank it’s a “sunsun” with uv sterilizer for 100 gal tank $75 would this be enough for this 75 gal tank I have?
Start with this document Mick. There is an awful lot of conflicting noise out there about dinos along with several generic "methods".

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back