Dinos arent cool....

Wes10C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had success with syphoning dinos out into a filter sock w/ filterfloss? I raised my nutrients some but i need to start doing something else before this little problem turns into a bigger one.

Reeferstin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had success with syphoning dinos out into a filter sock w/ filterfloss? I raised my nutrients some but i need to start doing something else before this little problem turns into a bigger one.
Yes what you are doing does work, that plus a UV and dose dino X i only used 3 doses in a big SPS reef tank dinos are dead

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been successful in siphoning the layer that forms on the sand through a 1 micron filter sock in a bucket. I check to see if they work by leaving the water there for a few minutes to see if the cump up. You gotta be ontop of it though aswell as keep phosphates at 0.10 and nitrates at 10. Mines are almost gone.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine kept coming back with syphoning. I increased the nutrients to get phos and nitrates up and dosed weekly alternating dr Tim’s and vibrant. Cleared up on their own after a few weeks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back