Dinos, cyano or diatoms?

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off my tank is almost 2 weeks old I use live sand a 6 pound live rock and two white rocks I also used fritz 900 so it safe to assume at this point my tank is cycled enough to keep fish and coral. I’ve posted twice about this but now it’s gotten out of control and I’m not sure if it’s diatoms or not? Please help!

A155E14C-233B-47D8-82A2-EA4B1F485C51.jpeg

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R dude, based on what you said and the picture you provided, I'm going to call that Diatoms.

Basically everyone gets this in the beginning. Just make sure you're using RODI water, and apply everything you read on the sticky's and watched on youtube and it'll sort itself out.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R dude, based on what you said and the picture you provided, I'm going to call that Diatoms.

Basically everyone gets this in the beginning. Just make sure you're using RODI water, and apply everything you read on the sticky's and watched on youtube and it'll sort itself out.
If this helps it’s not slimy at all I can almost blew it off the rock with my turkey baster

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back