Dinos ID (photo/video microscope)

  • Thread starter Thread starter SahnCH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SahnCH

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
16
Location
Begnins - Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

I would need your help to ID dinos - from the shape I feel like this should be Amphidinium but with the movement pattern I have doubts with Ostreopsis... or Prorocentrum...
I'm basically lost :-)
What do you think ?

Thank you for your precious help!

Video ->
Photo ->
Screenshot 2026-02-03 213709.png
 
Hi there!

I would need your help to ID dinos - from the shape I feel like this should be Amphidinium but with the movement pattern I have doubts with Ostreopsis... or Prorocentrum...
I'm basically lost :-)
What do you think ?

Thank you for your precious help!

Video ->
Photo ->
Screenshot 2026-02-03 213709.png

Amphidinium has the telltale “hook”
 
There's a FB group dedicated for dino ids and solutions to deal with them
 
Yes, the beak confirms amphidinium
 
Are you sure this is not Ostreopsis ?

1770572095096.png
ok, omg i feel like an idiot - i'm pretty tired and must need a nap because i read "are you sure this isn't osteoporosis..." And I was confused lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new