Dino's return???

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
So I had this is my refugium and in my frag tank a few weeks back, not in display, and took steps to eradicate it. I went lights out in frag and main display and emptied the refugium and cleaned it out. I dosed peroxide for a few days and started over. By day 3 it cleared up in frag tank so I resumed the lights.... Now it seems to be coming back in refugium only. It looks like a brownish slime. Is this in fact dinos??? And why only in refugium? Water movement is very slow in there. I did add an MP10 for flow as to not let algae settle... The cheato is growing well..... Kessel Grow light is on 12 hours a day reverse to display...

Thanks for help...

Steve

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I can't watch the video right now. What do you keep your PO4 at?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard too tell .. but if you’ve had them already chances are they are back .. there’s many different strains of Dino’s so it would be a good idea too get a sample under the micro scope and confirm which type ... in the meantime syphon as much out as possible everyday .. and check your po4 and no3 and raise if necessary .. don’t clean your glass and let other algae build up to try too out compete the Dino’s ...
success !

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny, none in my sump and display tank. Now just on refugium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back