Dinos

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the site. Can someone comment or direct me to the best way to deal with Dino's in my 29 gal biocube.
Hi, Welcome to Reef2Reef!
The first thing might be to make sure its actually dinos. Many folks are given a bad ID. Can you post a picture? Maybe tell us about your parameters and what your feeding and dosing as well.

OP
OP
C

Corndog1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's dinos. I introduced them when I brought up a frag from my 75 downstairs. I thought I had them licked! Brown snot with nitro bubbles. They get worse through the day when lights come on. I'm not down playing your need for photo feedback, I just don't know how to post photos yet. ;)

OP
OP
C

Corndog1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the read. My actinic lights come on at 1:30pm then day light at 2:00-9:30 then actinic till 11:00. I have the tank in living room so it get quite a bit of ambient light also. I don't dose anything but fun carbon and gfo in a sock in chamber 2. Along with some chato. I have been battling this for a while.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all! Sounds like kalk water for top off, and lights out for 72! Then Get ready for water change! :mad::mad::mad: Die dino die!!!!
You probably like the kalk addition too. Itll make the tank super happy. If you look into a good but inexpensive Ph monitor, you can add kalkwasser directly to the tank to get the ph into a more true steady 8.2- 8.4
If you want to play in a 8.5 Id def want one. And check the alk while you do it. Go slow, like IMO weeks. Start w top off kalk.

:mad::mad::mad: Die dino die!!!!
+1
Good luck.

Medic755

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a dino outbreak when my fuge cracked and had to be taken offline. This all helps a lot. I'm making preparations and will be launching my attack Friday starting with water change and siphoning then 72 hrs blackout then more siphoning and water change.

Sound good?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a dino outbreak when my fuge cracked and had to be taken offline. This all helps a lot. I'm making preparations and will be launching my attack Friday starting with water change and siphoning then 72 hrs blackout then more siphoning and water change.

Sound good?
Maybe some gfo. And activated carbon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back