diomox

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its late dont know if anyone is one here I put one of my horses who is having cronic pouch gas in a hospbital tank with diomx and neomycin and a air line came home after work air hose out of tank horse not looking good at all replaced hose do I put him back in main tank very scared he wont be here in morning

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest browsing google for more answers if no one answers here.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is your seahorse was looking poorly from the air hose falling out and it was lacking oxygen deprived. I would have made clean salt water and place it in a tank with (methyene blue, I think. I am not home to double check which medication helps with respiratory distress. I will double check the stickie article on seahorse doctoring.) Any way match the ph and temperature and keep it in there until it is breathing normal and then proceed with treatment for gbd.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I verified that it is Kordon methylene blue that is good for respiratory distress. Most good lfs will have it. Also make sure that the open airline tube can not fall out as seahorse need vigorous aeration when being treated. It is best NOT to use an airstone however.

Also when you resume treatment of your pony with the diamox, it is more effective if injected into live shrimp and fed to the seahorse. They respond best if they get the medication orally.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large is the hospital tank?
I had two erectus in a 10g hospital tank and forgot to put the air line in and left the house overnight to visit a daughter. Both survived no problem.
I guess it would depend though on the extent of the problems it has and how severe they are. With pouch emphysema there are often other internal problems due to water quality.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back