Eschopps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alvanck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alvanck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Messages
57
Reaction score
30
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am struggling here locally. I have an Eschopps RS-100 sump. The drain hose is entirely to long. I have been to every hardware store around, and in Pool City, and cannot find a 1-foot variation of this hose. Anyone have any ideas? Currently with all of the slack in it it is making a ton of noise and letting too much air into it. Even moving the sump to the other end of the tank is not a viable option as the return pump hose isn’t long enough.

I know that the Eschopps pump came with 2 plastic PVS’s on each end so I don’t even know if this is something I can fashion together. Really struggling if anybody can say what sizes, etc., are needed.


20260727_195318_99E3EEA5-CF4C-4385-918E-FABE4B7921F2.png
 
You can use PVC and hard plumb it or you can use regular tubing cut to length. Get the ID so it fits over the bulkhead and use a hose clamp. You may need to use a fitting from the tubing into the sump to fit as well. Avoid metal hose clamps at the sump though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new