Dip After Ship?

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new corals coming from ARC. My question is I have not had any corals shipped to me, only picked up at LFS. I do not have a QT tank.

Do you dip after you get them shipped/floated? I am seeing conflicting opinions. I do have Revive that I planned on dipping them in but I am wanting to hear from more experienced reefers.

Thanks for the help!

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new corals coming from ARC. My question is I have not had any corals shipped to me, only picked up at LFS. I do not have a QT tank.

Do you dip after you get them shipped/floated? I am seeing conflicting opinions. I do have Revive that I planned on dipping them in but I am wanting to hear from more experienced reefers.

Thanks for the help!
I dip every coral, every time. Even the big names, they have pests too.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefer Matt so you arent worried about transit then dipping being too stressful?

They are going NY to IL
No. I dip every coral, every time. I have not killed a coral dipping it. Even a shipped coral from California to Michigan. I suggest floating the bag/container first to get the coral to temp, then dipping, then right into the tank. I use the tank water mixed with the dip, not the water from the seller.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had many orders from ARC, always dip everything, have never found any pests, and have never had a single DOA from them. ARC is a great and trusted vendor.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had many orders from ARC, always dip everything, have never found any pests, and have never had a single DOA from them. ARC is a great and trusted vendor.
Just placed my first order with them. I went to the search and found the exact information I was looking for in your post from just today.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back