Dipping Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keiki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've dipped fresh cuts in Bayer, Melafix and Revive without issue. All of these were on their own and not combined, just to be clear. I also give fresh cuts a couple minutes in a Lugol's bath before they go into the tank.
 
Thanks everyone. I would only be using bayers by itself. I don't know if I have any lugols type dip anymore. If I did it would be old. I haven't bought corals in a long time. I will be gluing the frags to plugs and then dipping after acclimating.
 
no issues. I did a double dip of bayer and melafix on a piece last night. Just be cognizant of time.
 
I only use bayer and I will dip freshly cut, frags from a shipping box, or anything. Bayer appears to be the most gentle out of everything... and it is pretty comprehensive.

I will only use CoralRx if I do not trust the source and I need to see what came off of the corals. Even then, I do not dip smoothies in CoralRx or Revive.
 
I only use bayer and I will dip freshly cut, frags from a shipping box, or anything. Bayer appears to be the most gentle out of everything... and it is pretty comprehensive.

I will only use CoralRx if I do not trust the source and I need to see what came off of the corals. Even then, I do not dip smoothies in CoralRx or Revive.

Do you use bayers on smooth skinned corals? I haven't bought any smooth skinned corals since people started using bayers.
 
What dilution rate and how long do you dip with Bayer?

Thanks!

1oz bayer to 1 cup tank water. 15 minutes then rinse. Its a little stronger than most and I have yet to loose any piece. I accidentally forgot and left a few pieces for 30-40 minutes. They turned black but recovered
 
I don't even measure the bayer, but I use enough that I warm it up so that it does not cool off the tank water. I just pour it in until it is nice a milky. In almost thirty years, I have never found anything as effective as this stuff... just hate that it kills bees, but maybe they fixed all of that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new