Dipping an anemone?

I remember reading that the anemone could get damaged or killed as they absorb the solution. I'm not sure if that is true but I would be Careful and do a bit of research before hand.
 
Why do you think there is a pest in the anemone?
I'm getting it from another reefer whos shutting down their tank, so I just wanted to be cautious. But I guess I'll just inspect it carefully instead;)
 
Coral dips are, as per their name, strictly for corals. They are toxic to fish and anemones. Typically you don't have to worry about pests with anemones like you do corals. They can house the free-swimming stage of ich/velvet being that the majority of their body is water. This is easily taken care of by housing the anemone in a bucket/QT with a bubbler/powerhead and heater for either 48 or 72hrs, I can't remember which so will go find that for you.
 
^^ This; although it would be prudent to pour some DT water over it (and into a bucket to be discarded.) Or isolate it to a fishless environment for 48 hrs to be really safe. Nems have no hard surfaces, and thus tomonts cannot encyst; however they absorb a lot of water so you want to be mindful of theronts (free swimmers) which die within 48 hrs if denied a fish host to feed upon. :)

Here you go, from another thread.
 
Super old thread here... I've noticed the rock flower anemone's (RFA) I just got have lots of rocks on their underside. I started to remove them but it soon became apparent that this would damage the underside - and others were retracted within the coral itself.

It's possible, I would gather then, that RFAs could house eggs (e.g., ich, aiptasia, etc.) indirectly for a long time and therefore it might be prudent to QT for a month+...

Any insights on this? Pick them rocks all off to save time?!

@Humblefish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new