Dipping coral in my basement

Vsrt17

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
98
Reaction score
25
Location
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a frag QT in my basement and Bayer is often recommended. However it's always mentioned to do in ventilated area and my basement is anything but that. I can get a fan but there's not much of an exhaust. Should I go with a different dip? I would rather not dip somewhere else in the house.

Thanks
 
I'm setting up a frag QT in my basement and Bayer is often recommended. However it's always mentioned to do in ventilated area and my basement is anything but that. I can get a fan but there's not much of an exhaust. Should I go with a different dip? I would rather not dip somewhere else in the house.

Thanks
You'll be fine.
I like melafix myself.
 
Upvote 0
I'm setting up a frag QT in my basement and Bayer is often recommended. However it's always mentioned to do in ventilated area and my basement is anything but that. I can get a fan but there's not much of an exhaust. Should I go with a different dip? I would rather not dip somewhere else in the house.

Thanks

BRS does 'best of dips' video... and it doesn't mention Bayer... but pesticide dip (like Bayer) is only thing that addresses the nasties that pesticide dips (like Bayer) treat... pesticides should be used in ventilated areas - just use common sense
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new