0   0   0
Just calibrated my refractometer. There, now it can be read right

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could tell, and I thing it will be a fun tiny tank. Not to discourage you, but please don't put a school of fishes in that tiny tank. I just posted the same idea on another thread, so I am not picking on you. A coral or corals can be kept safely (they don't swim much) but most reef fishes really don't belong in a small tank, imo.

Especially not just one tiny tang, unless you are going to upgrade around July 2024. :cool:
A small fish like a neon goby would be ok though! Just don't over stock it. And consistent weekly water changes. And top off daily with ro water.

shrimplover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about you parents first of all :crying-face:

I think it's amazing that you are doing this for yourself :star-struck: 8 gallons is great. I would not have a problem with adding two chalk basses to that tank. They don't swim much and they are tiny. Also huge personalities, peaceful.

Also if you find yourself to need another filter I can really recommend the Seachem Tidal 35 which has a lot of room for media and a built in skimmer which is working incredible well. I think you might need that down the road...

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about you parents first of all :crying-face:

I think it's amazing that you are doing this for yourself :star-struck: 8 gallons is great. I would not have a problem with adding two chalk basses to that tank. They don't swim much and they are tiny. Also huge personalities, peaceful.

Also if you find yourself to need another filter I can really recommend the Seachem Tidal 35 which has a lot of room for media and a built in skimmer which is working incredible well. I think you might need that down the road...
I will have to check it out. :) My dad loved my tanks, and even picked out decorations for them every chance he got. So, I am doing it for both of us. I know he is smiling down, happy that I am picking up my favorite hobby again

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your folks. Flaming prawn gobies will be good. They stay tiny. You can do 100 percent water changes and will make things easier if you have access and time to 8 gallons at a time. Make sure use same salt each time so its conistent.

shrimplover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check it out. :) My dad loved my tanks, and even picked out decorations for them every chance he got. So, I am doing it for both of us. I know he is smiling down, happy that I am picking up my favorite hobby again
This is beautiful. I'm sure he does look down!!! He will enjoy it alongside with you.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a new piece in my tank. It is so weird how white it is compared to the others, lol. Ignore the salt on the side.
1000002586.jpg

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 gallon will probably be done cycling next week. Going to still have to dose ammonia because I don't have money until the first. Going to get a hardy coral and a few CUC of hermit crabs. Not getting a fish until it gets more mature.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change complete for tomorrow. Got some saltwater in my mouth with the syphon. Even more gross than freshwater in my mouth.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back