Dirty Overflow Boxes

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
9,613
Location
Gulf Breeze, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you out there have algae and other crud growing in your overflow boxes? The stuff growing in mine is brown (or could be red) and, despite my best efforts to keep it clean, it continues to live on.

I haven't been too worried about it since it looks similar to what I see in the LFS, but I was curious if any of you have the same thing. The issue seems confined to the overflow box and exterior of supply/return piping.
 
Last edited:
Mine are filthy. I clean them out every 3 - 6 months. I have in the tank overflow boxes in each corner with durso, so lots settles at the bottom. Not algae, just crud. I would just clean every so often.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new